The light finish of the dresser brings lots of storage without overwhelming the room.
When a busy client came to us wanting to redo her master bedroom, we knew a tranquil escape was just what she needed!
Red walls and heavy furniture made the space feel restricted and aggressive in its previous life. A calming color palette, luxurious textures, and light washed furniture made the space feel airy and relaxing.
• A four poster bed adds instant drama to a space. Doing one in a light finish with matching mirrors helps create subtle glamour without feeling too heavy for this ‘airy’ concept.
• Custom silk drapes with an accent band brought in a soft texture with calming colors.
• The quatrefoil pattern in the drapes is repeated in the marble top side table.
• A grasscloth wall covering behind the bed brought in texture and contrast.
• A mix of textures are brought in through rustic wood tones, high gloss light fixtures, and velvety upholstery to create a perfect spot for relaxing.
• Custom upholstered chair in a smokey velvet pattern brings a hint of luxury and glam to this bedroom.
• The paint colors were inspired by the colors from the bedding. Soft grays and charcoal create a relaxing setting while the blue ceiling brings in interest and dimension.
• A play with patterns continue on the bench pillows, providing another great spot for relaxation. The custom upholstery with a contrasting welt detail brings interest and cohesiveness.
• The light finish of the dresser brings lots of storage without overwhelming the room.